Election Administration

Election Administration
Learn about Wisconsin’s Voter Photo ID Law at BringIt.Wisconsin.gov.

The County Clerk’s office handles all election administration for the voters of Rusk County. Election results for county level and above races are tallied the night of an election and unofficial results are made available to the public and news media on our county web site. Official election results for Rusk County on the county level and above races are made available after the canvass is completed by the County Board of Canvassers on the Tuesday following the election and then posted to our county web site. Wisconsin Elections Commission – official web site https://elections.wi.gov can provide information on: Where do I Vote? Am I Registered? What’s on my Ballot?

Search the State Voter Public Access Site by Voter Name or Street Address
Absentee Voting – Common Misconceptions.pdf

How do I Register to Vote?

By Mail: Download the Application for Voter Registration (EL131), complete the form and mail it into your local municipal clerk’s office. Along with a copy of your proof of residence document and copy of a photo ID.
In Person: Register in your local municipal clerk’s office.
At the Polling Place on Election Day: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for at least 28 days preceding the election.
PLEASE NOTE: State and federal law now requires that any first-time voter submitting a registration application by mail, in person or on election day must have proof of residence.

Information on Electronic Proof of Residence.pdf

How do I Request an Absentee Ballot?

In order to receive an absentee ballot, you must be a registered elector.
Download and complete an Absentee Application EL 121
Mail the completed absentee ballot application to your municipal clerk or visit your municipal clerk’s office and complete an absentee ballot application in person.

Absentee Voting Videos

What is the Address of my Municipal Clerk’s Office?

Municipal Clerk Contact Information

How can I Become a Poll Worker?
If you are interested in becoming a poll worker contact your municipal clerk.

Supervisor Redistrict Map after Redistricting 2021.pdf

Rusk County – Election Contingency Plan.pdf
WEC – Wisconsin Elections Commission Website