Village of Tony

In 1885 the he Soo Line Railroad built through Tony, which at that time was known as Deer Trail.  However, the town didn’t boom until the John Hein Co. moved to Deer Trail in 1897. The town was later renamed Tony after Hein’s son, Anthony.

In addition to operating the mill, the Hein Co. owned most of the town, ran its businesses, and operated its own railroad, the Tony & North Eastern. By the early 1900’s the town’s population was 400.

Tony is home to the School District of Flambeau which serves Sheldon, Conrath, Ingram, Tony, and Glen Flora areas.

Sportsmen will want to stop through Tony on their way to Josie Creek County Park, just north of the Village on Cty Rd. X. At the Park, located where Josie Creek flows into Lake Flambeau, fisherman will find good catches of walleye, muskie, crappie, and smallmouth bass. Josie Creek also houses three firearm ranges and an archery target trail.

Elected Officials:

  • President:
    Monte Groothousen
    W6091 South Ave., Tony, WI 54563
    (715) 403-1899
  • Trustee:
    Paul Quinnell
    N5395 Walnut St., Tony, WI 54563
    (715) 532-7517
  • Trustee:
    Jeff Hurlebaus
    N5375 Linden St., Tony, WI 54563
    (715) 223-5295
  • Clerk:
    Bev Quinnell
    N5395 Walnut St. Tony, WI 54563
    (715) 532-7517
  • Treasurer:
    Kim Groothousen
    W6091 South Ave., Tony, WI 54563
    (715) 403-1122
  • Assessor:
    Robert Prokop
    N8685 CTH. H Sheldon, WI 54766
    (715) 452-5344
  • Water/Sewer:
    Don Sports
    N5399 Walnut St., Tony, WI 54563
    (715) 415-4155