Lodging and Recreation

If you are opening a new lodging facility or there is a change in ownership, a new application must be filled out and submitted. The application for Lodging Licensing can be found below as well as information about each Lodging type. 

Rusk County Permit Application for Lodging, Campground, Rec Ed, Pool & Water Attraction

Lodging and recreation facilities include hotels, motels, tourist rooming houses, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds, recreational and educational camps, public swimming pools and whirlpools.

Hotels & Motels

For many travelers, the choice of where you spend the night comes down to either hotel or motel accommodation.

Tourist Rooming Houses (TRHs)

Tourist Rooming Houses (TRHs) are usually called short term rental cabins and allow guest to stay for a limited number of days throughout the year. TRHs are often advertised on websites such as Airbnb or VRBO.

Bed & Breakfast

A bed and breakfast (typically shortened to B&B or BnB) is a small lodging establishment that offers overnight accommodation and breakfast.


A campground consists typically of open pieces of ground where a camper can pitch a tent or park a camper.

Recreational and Educational Camp

Rec-ed camps including temporary and permanent structures where both food and lodging for a planned program of recreation or education, and is offered free of charge or for payment of a fee by a person, or by the state, or a local unit of government.

Public Pools & Water Attractions

Swimming pools, whirlpools, wading pools, therapy pools, leisure river, interactive play attraction, wave pool or plunge pools open to the public.